ss_blog_claim=731c07d47067412c41e69b09eba9488f

15 September 2008

Can you go RICELess?

Me dad emailed me a very interesting article recently.

Go RICELESS. Can we or can we not?

Even though we think we cannot. But we must try!


Imagine yourself eating sugar . This is a fact that no nutritionist can deny, rice is no different form sugar. One bowl of cooked rice is the caloric equivalent of 10 tea spoon of sugar. This does not matter whether the rice is white, brown or herbal rice. Brown rice is richer in fiber, some B vitamins and minerals... but it is still the caloric equal of 10 teaspoons of sugar.

Rice can be digested only when it is thoroughly cooked. However, when thoroughly cooked, it becomes spikes circulating our blood stream within half an hour... almost as quickly as it would if we took a sugar
candy. Rice has very low anti-oxidants. This complete anti-oxidant rainbow is necessary for the effective and safe utilization of sugar.

Imagine having your favorite dish for dinner. Sometimes we cannot help having the second serving of rice right. But that means 20 teaspoons of sugar!.

And if your metabolism is slow, like me, gaining weight is easy.

Lose weight? Go riceless!






17 comments:

defoo said...

Maybe kepada yg x buli riceless, I would suggest ricelesser ^_^

carolchs said...

despite ur post..and despite what other people say about rice...im sticking to my rice. LOL!
seriously, i can hardly go riceless...it is like a second air to me. LOL!

-Gina G- said...

Chegu~~Sadap bah rice kan. Hei, its a tough battle haha. Imagine Nasi Goreng, nyum2.

defoo said...

Maybe buli ricelesser? ^_^

Neta A.R said...

Waaaa...i cant imagine how is life without rice!!Gina, nasi goreng nam prik pau is yummmyyy!!!

Kay Stanford Jr Kastum said...

I already grown accustomed to having meals without rice. Besides, I just realized my rice cooker had gone 'missing'.

Mas Light said...

I think I can, I think sija la, inda tau can or not actually LOL. But memandangkan price of rice increases, alternative for rice hmm oat/bread? @_@ bulih kot XD

Anonymous said...

No way, I love my rice!! :-P

CJane said...

I'm fan thong. I practically cannot live without rice in a day. ~~~>.<~~~

Deb said...

I practise that every single day wakaka!

Because I had to huhu~

InobonG ProPer said...

There's no way I can live without rice...

but I cut it down...I took rice during lunch only..hehehe

Anonymous said...

owh! I almost 2 months x mkn nasi ... hehe ... tp badan still sama :p gumuks! ahaks!

-Gina G- said...

Defoo~~ricelesser, good thinking!

Neta~~U dat kurus ok lah eat rice, apa tu nasi tu?

Kay Stanford~~Really? n who taught u the formula?

Massy~~i love bread n oats very much..hmm will consider making it my breakfast lunch brunch & dinner.. :-)

Gallivanter~~i love rice too, struggling everyday to pura2 hate them. kakaka

cJane~~U cook for me rice ah when i visit u :-)

PrettyD~~Good oo you! salute!

Phil~~Malaysians bah kan we all, our makanan utama mcm mana mau langsung go riceless ni wahaha

Fareast~~No No No, u r cute mcm teddy bear just the way u r, u must EAT MORE RICE! hehehe

Kay Stanford Jr Kastum said...

"Some Chick" lah

Anonymous said...

We're brought up eating rice, hard to get rid of it from our diet. Reduce, maybe.

Hello, first time here. :)

Nessa said...

Hey! Congrats with the new blog layout! Cindy did a great job :D

I try NOT to eat rice at night (dinner). Rice is like comfort food ba. But it's true, rice is basically sugar. Makan wild rice/beras perang = more fibre tapi more mahal oso :(

KaDusMama said...

Hmmm...when i was on diet after giving birth my kids, rice was out from menu for quite sometimes..and i managed to shed all the extra pounds gained...hehehe..i think i still want to eat rice that time, i won't lose even a kg oh..hehe
Oh..i did give the slimming tips in one of my post last time..hehe